Saturday, October 31, 2015

Burn Update: 1 lesson learned


So, my hand has healed very well from my nasty burn on Monday and something very surprising happened when I stopped applying lavender... On Monday and Tuesday I put lavender on my burn site regularly - no blister.  On Wednesday and Thursday morning I didn't apply any lavender.  By Thursday afternoon I had started to develop a small flat blister pocket on the palm of my hand.  As soon as I realized that I was getting a blister I have been putting lavender on it a few times a day and the size has gotten slightly smaller and it has stayed very flat with almost no fluid inside.  The blister is unlike other blisters that I have had in that it has not interfered with my use of my hand.  The lack of fluid is pretty remarkable.

In summary, this is what I learned from this experience:

To avoid big puffy fluid filled blisters, apply lavender until the burn has completely healed.


Well, thats all folks!  Oh.. and if you are scratching your head and saying? "Burn? What Burn?" Please read my previous post on my wicked burn.   

No comments:

Post a Comment